Software Tools Available on the Statistics Beowulf Cluster
Overview | Software Tools | Running Jobs
- Path: path of the software
- Variables: Relevant shell variables that are pre-set or need to be set
- Documentation: Location of documentation
- Description: Description of the software's purpose/function
Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM)
- Set automatically: PVM_ROOT=/usr/share/pvm3
- Set automatically: PVM_ARCH=`$PVM_ROOT/lib/pvmgetarch`
- Set automatically: PVM_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh
- Documentation: http://www.csm.ornl.gov/pvm/pvm_home.html
- Description: PVM3 (Parallel Virtual Machine) is a library and daemon that allows distributed processing environments to be constructed on heterogeneous
machines and architectures.
- Path: /usr/lib64/mvapich2/
- Variables: User set: Run "mpi-selector --set mvapich2--gcc-x86_64" in order to set 64-bit mvapich2 as the default MPI environment, where is the currently installed version of MVAPICH2.
- Documentation: http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/
- Description: This is an MPI-2 implementation which includes all MPI-1 features. It is based on MPICH2 and MVICH.
- Path: /usr/lib64/openmpi/
- Variables: User set: Run "mpi-selector --set openmpi--gcc-x86_64" in order to set 64-bit OpenMPI as the default MPI environment, where is the currently installed version of OpenMPI.
- Documentation: http://www.open-mpi.org/
- Description: Open MPI is an open source, freely available implementation of both the
MPI-1 and MPI-2 standards, combining technologies and resources from
several other projects (FT-MPI, LA-MPI, LAM/MPI, and PACX-MPI) in
order to build the best MPI library available. A completely new MPI-2
compliant implementation, Open MPI offers advantages for system and
software vendors, application developers, and computer science
- Path: /usr/java/default
At the least, the PATH will need to be set, the other variables that may need to be set will
be dependent on the software using them (JAVA_HOME is a common one).
User set: PATH=/usr/java/default/bin:$PATH
- Documentation: http://java.sun.com/docs/
- Description: This is the Sun Java Software Development Kit for 1.6
- Path: /cluster/statsoft/R-patched
- Variables: Automatically set: R_LIBS=/cluster/statsoft/Rlibs64
Automatically set: PATH="$PATH:/cluster/statsoft/bin"
- Documentation: /cluster/statsoft/R-patched/R/share/R
- Description: R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- Path: /usr/bin/oxl64
- Documentation: http://www.doornik.com/ox/
- Description: Ox is an object-oriented matrix programming language with a comprehensive mathematical and statistical function library.The Console (command line) versions may be used freely for academic research and teaching purposes only...Failure to cite the use of Ox in published work may result in loss of the right to use the free version, and an invoice at the full commercial price.