This one-day workshop at IDC 2012 will be held on Tuesday, June 12, 2012.
Position papers should address the design, use, and evaluation of interactive technologies for children with special needs. Possible topics include:
- Design methods
- Applying theories to design and evaluation
- Best practices
- Evaluation and impact assessment
- Designing for the abilities of children with multiple impairments
- Individualizing approaches and other methods to address individual differences
- Addressing maturation
- Engaging typically developing peers
- Complying with regulations and guidelines
The workshop will provide all participants an opportunity to present their work and ideas. From these presentations, participants will select emerging themes to discuss. There will also be time to plan for future collaborations, including the publication of workshop outcomes.
Position papers should be in ACM SIG Proceedings Format, must not exceed four pages, and should be emailed as a PDF file to email@example.com.
At least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the workshop and all participants must register for the workshop and for the conference.